With the shortage of SPAN ports for analytic tools and security tools, you are probably dealing with contention between IT, network performance, and security compliance groups for network traffic access. As well, you probably have run into problems where SPAN ports have corrupted your network analysis results.
Network Intelligent Optimization Systems from VSS resolve these critical issues caused by using SPAN ports for tool access. With VSS systems, you can:
- Forward only the traffic of interest to as many tools as you need, now and in the future
- Deliver total visibility of the traffic data on the network and ensure 100% capture
- Selectively aggregate and groom traffic going to analytic tools or security tools to prevent packet loss and packet duplication
- Create a layer of stealth and first line of defense for both the TAP and the tools
- Ensure 100% network connectivity and data throughput even in the event of power supply failure
- Pinpoint traffic peaks, such as micro-bursts, which can result in variable latency (jitter) and oversubscribe your tools