7 Top Picks
30 Hours of Research
15 Options Considered
When shopping for the best monitor for security cameras, you want to consider more than just the size because CCTV cameras are only as good as their monitors. For top-level security, you must have the best monitors to pair with security cameras. Otherwise, you’ll have poor-quality live footage and blurry videos.
3 Top Monitors Security Cameras
This BenQ Mobiuz monitor is HDR10-supported with 100% sRGB color support and DCI-P3 95% color range. In addition, it has a 1000:1 standard contrast ratio, giving you excellent color accuracy.
This monitor has a 99% sRGB and DCI-p3 95% color gamut. It has an excellent color reproduction ability and supports a wide color spectrum which helps you see images clearly.
This monitor has a unique venting and cooling design on the monitor’s rear, top, and bottom sides, providing optimized ventilation. The system keeps your monitor cool during long hours of usage.
The challenge is that many monitors are available for use with security cameras. This buyer’s guide highlights a list of the seven best monitors and what to consider when buying one.
Best Monitors for Security Cameras Reviews
While the BenQ Morbiuz may be a bezel monitor, its hardware and features are unparalleled, given its price range. This BenQ monitor is one of the best CCTV monitors on the market. It is a 1440p monitor, so it might be the best choice if you have the hardware to support it and you're looking for the best possible image quality.
BenQ Mobiuz EX2780Q Monitor Features
Some of its features include the following:
- This BenQ Mobiuz monitor is HDR10-supported with 100% sRGB color support and DCI-P3 95% color range. In addition, it has a 1000:1 standard contrast ratio, giving you excellent color accuracy.
- The monitor’s manufacturer prioritizes build quality and its stand as much as other features. Its super sturdy stand has premium metal material. Also, it has a cable routing system for a minimalistic and cleaner look.
- Its light sensor adjusts the brightness of the monitor. When in a dark room, the sensor lowers the brightness. When lights are on, the sensor increases the brightness of the monitor.
- The monitor’s 2-watt and 5-watt subwoofer speakers will spark your interest. It lets you listen to high-quality audio without needing external speakers.
- Its IPS panel makes this CCTV monitor capable of delivering high-quality images over a wide-range angle. This feature suited my large, multi-monitor arrangement, which helped reduce color contrasts and shifts when viewing from different angles.
- The monitor’s screen is large enough and supports multi-windows side by side. That way, you can have as many camera feeds as you like.
- This monitor’s 2560 x 1440 pixels resolution works perfectly with CCTV cameras, while the 16:9 aspect ratio allows the CCTV monitor to show video content in a native format.
1 Displayport and 2 HDMI
[Best for the Money]
If you want top-notch CCTV feeds with multiple windows and enhanced shadow details, this LG monitor is your best bet. Thanks to its wide color gamut and HDR 10, this 32-inch monitor is an excellent choice for CCTV cameras.
LG 32ML600M-B Monitor Features
- The LG 32ML600M-B security monitor has a 99% sRGB and DCI-p3 95% color gamut. It has an excellent color reproduction ability and supports a wide color spectrum which helps you see images clearly.
- Its HDR 10 capability enhances and captures details from the dark, which is crucial during investigative research.
- This VESA-compatible security monitor lets you take it off the desk and hang it on the wall. It liberates your viewing options and saves you desktop space.
- You’ll love the incredible clarity and detail of a full HD 1080p resolution, and its IPS technology allows for improved color reproduction and a shorter response time. It also allows you to view its screen at whatever angle you like.
- This CCTV monitor features a black stabilizer that artificially increases brightness in the dark. When you combine this feature with HDR 10, you’re guaranteed that nothing will escape your CCTV cameras.
- As for this monitor’s hardware, you get 32 inches screen size and 75hz free sync. The monitor equals multiple computer monitors combined in terms of space. It allows you to watch several feeds at the same time.
- Its five milliseconds response rate minimizes latency from your security cameras to the monitor.
1 D-Sub and Two HDMI
The Alienware AW2521HF is a 24.5-inch monitor boasting a 1080p and a one-millisecond input lag measure, which justifies its price range. The 240Hz monitor's fast IPS technology delivers consistent colors and incredible image clarity from all angles.
Alienware AW2521HF Monitor Features
- This monitor has a unique venting and cooling design on the monitor’s rear, top, and bottom sides, providing optimized ventilation. The system keeps your monitor cool during long hours of usage.
- The NVIDIA G-Sync compatibility and AMD FreeSync Premium technology synchronize the monitor’s graphics to give you the most epic, tear-free images.
- Its new and fast IPS technology lets you maintain image clarity from all screen angles. In addition, it's up to 99% sRGB color coverage; you’re sure to get a wide variety of colors.
- A 1-millisecond GtG response time allows a smooth performance while eliminating motion blur.
- A 240hz refresh rate allows you to see fast-moving visuals with greater clarity to allow you to react quickly to security situations.
FHD 240hz pixels
9.92 x 21.9 x 20.71 inches
Bring out the beauty of images with this ASUS monitor. Savour true color with ASUS ProArt Palette, ASUS-exclusive ProArt Preset, and Calman-verified factory calibration for various color parameters. View with comfort thanks to its ergonomic stand and eliminate eye straining with Eye Care Technology.
ASUS ProArt PA278QV Monitor Features
- This 27-inch monitor perfectly balances style and performance if you desire accurate and natural color reproduction. The WLED backlight feature offers exceptional light uniformity, ensuring the correct display of colors even on darker screen areas.
- Its 178°/178° viewing angles, 16:9 aspect ratio, and 2560 x 1440p resolution set this monitor apart. Its ambient light sensor offers automatic brightness adjustment on your monitor screen in various lighting conditions.
- The monitor has DVI-D ports, a Mini-Display port, and a DisplayPort for easy connectivity and height adjustment, pivot, swivel, and tilt options for enhanced viewing.
- The wide viewing angles make it ideal for watching the camera feed on multiple monitors simultaneously.
- The ASUS PA278QV has a built-in USB 3.0 hub for seamless connectivity, while the MHL connectivity lets you connect your tablet or smartphone devices by simply connecting them via a cable included in the box.
- ProArt offers industry-standard 100% rec and 100% sRGB. Its 709 color gamut delivers rich and vivid reproduction for precise, lifelike photo color reproduction.
- The ASUS QuickFit, Virtual Scale feature lets you align and preview documents in their actual size before printing.
- Flicker-free technology is my favorite feature as it reduces eye strain and fatigue with long work hours on the monitor.
- The ASUS ultra-low blue light technology protects you from blue-light emissions harmful to your eyes.
- Its high color fidelity offers you authentically expressive hues that allow you to see how printouts will appear.
2560 x 1440 pixels
The Dell S2421H is an excellent way to amp up your productivity with an in-built speaker for non-stop entertainment; you’re sure to enjoy numerous multimedia on this screen. In addition, this Dell monitor comes with an affordable price range and has excellent color reproduction than most security camera monitors without sacrificing image quality.
Dell S2421H Monitor Features
- Savour clear views with less distraction with the monitor’s three-sided ultrathin bezel design for great screen clarity with a 1920 x 1080 full HD resolution on the 23.8-inch monitor.
- Enjoy seamless views with consistent colors on a 178°/178° angle viewing with IPS technology.
- The monitor’s modern and elegant design offers a textured design behind the monitor for a unique look. You’ll enjoy a harmonious blend of great quality and style in your workspace.
- Built-in dual HDMI ports offer seamless switching to keep your devices always plugged in and allow you to switch in-between different activities effortlessly.
- This monitor offers comfort and convenience, with the TUV-certified monitor offering a flicker-free screen with ComfortView for blue-light reduction.
12.7 x 21.17 x 2.12 Inches
Delight in this Samsung monitor with vivid details, and enjoy seeing your pictures brought to life by the pure whites and deep blacks from an ultra-precise backlight. Your security camera feed enjoys a 4K upscale with a wide range of Quantum HDR 12x colors.
Samsung QN65Q80BAFXZA Smart TV Features
- This security camera monitor boasts a direct full array that lets you watch the bright whites and the deep blacks from the LED lights behind the screen.
- The quantum processor with a 4K upscaling lets you enjoy pictures converted by the intelligent processor into stunning 4K.
- Quantum HDR 12x adds immersive colors to your security feed.
- Object Tracking Sound and Dolby Atmos ensure that sound moves with the on-screen action.
- Experience dimension and depth just like you do in real life with the Real Depth Enhancer.
- Enjoy using this screen while you bask in different shades of color volume that remains true even in bright scenes.
- The TV has Eye Comfort Mode all day and night, meaning that blue light adjusts automatically.
RS-232C; eARC; Ethernet; Digital Audio Out; HDMI
35.70 x 11.40 x 56.90
The Samsung QN90B delivers a great choice for most uses, including use with security cameras. It has an epic HDR experience in a poorly-lit room thanks to its impressive local dimming feature, great contrast, and outstanding peak brightness. It’s a great choice as a HDR PC monitor as it supports most of the common resolutions.
Samsung QN50QN90BAFXZA Smart TV Features
- Offers one of the best non-OLED picture qualities
- The TV has incredible brightness with minimal blooming
- Its most distinctive feature is its stand, which Samsung refers to as a bending plate. It appears sleeker and cleaner than the dual legs you’ll find on most TVs.
- The TV has a sleek remote that’s rechargeable rather than reliant on batteries.
27.90 x 8.80 x 43.80
How do you know that a monitor or TV is the best one for you? It’s simple. Let’s check out some of the features that make a good monitor.
Your monitor’s response rate determines how long it takes to change a pixel. Thus, the best monitor has the fastest response rate within your budget. Typically, most monitors have a five-millisecond response rate, and that’s decent enough.
However, if you wish to have an ultra-fast response, choose one with a response rate of 1 or 2 milliseconds and keep off anything above five milliseconds.
The refresh rate represents the new frames your monitor displays per second. Most monitors have a 60hz refresh rate, meaning they can display 60 frames per second. Nonetheless, 60hz is becoming outdated as higher refresh rate monitors are now in demand.
A response rate of 75hz is the minimum if you desire smoothness. Plus, most 75 hz monitors have free sync for another level of smoothness. Remember, the higher the refresh rate, the more seamless the experience.
You can even opt for a 144Hz monitor, which would be extreme for a security camera setup.
Your monitor’s resolution determines the quality of your visuals. A lower resolution translates to low image/video quality. For monitors between 20-24 inches, ensure a minimum 900p resolution; 1080p is the best choice. 720p is too low, and you should avoid these monitors at all cost.
Regarding monitors for security cameras, the panel type is a critical factor to consider. Because you’re likely running your security setup 24/7, even a slight power consumption increase may cause a huge impact. For that reason, you must choose a monitor that consumes minimal power.
LCD (IPS panels) are ideal for color reproduction and power consumption. They last longer than LED panels. Therefore, using monitors with LCD panels minimizes your electricity consumption by a big margin.
Speakers aren’t a must-have feature, but having in-built speakers in the monitor is nice. It eliminates the need to buy separate speakers. You can even opt for high-end monitors with subwoofers for a top-tier sound experience.
Unless you intend to mount the monitor on a wall, having a monitor stand is crucial.
Also, bonus features like height adjustment, tilting, and portrait and landscape modes are a plus. But don’t expect much from a budget monitor. Whichever monitor you choose, ensure it has tilting options.
If you’re operating the monitor in a poorly lit environment, its reflectivity doesn’t matter unless the lights shine from behind you. If you have lights behind you or are in a brighter room, opt for a monitor with an anti-glare panel.
A glossy and reflective monitor makes it hard to see certain display areas.
BNC Analog Connection
Certain security cameras use a Bayonet Neill Concelman Connector (BNC) coax cable. If you wish to connect the cable to a monitor, you require a monitor with BNC inputs. Ideal monitors are smaller and can’t handle higher refresh rates, response times, or resolutions.
LCD backlit monitors have between 50,000-100,000 hours lifespan. On the other hand, LED monitors have a 100,000-hour lifespan. That’s approximately 5-11 years of continued use.
The best size depends on how far you’ll sit from the monitor, the desired screen resolution, and how many security camera feeds you want on one display. If you wish to view from a distance, you should get a larger size to see the CCTV camera image clearly. However, smaller monitors allow you to have many CCTV camera feeds in your field of view, and you won’t have to move your eyes too much.
One main reason an electrical device fails is heat build-up in the chassis. To avoid this, pick a monitor with an external PSU where possible. It greatly reduces heat generation inside the monitor to extend its longevity. Also, LED monitors emit less heat than LCD monitors due to less power consumption.
Do You Need a 4K Monitor for 4K Security Cameras?
Yes, you need a 4K monitor/TV for 4K security cameras to avert possible compatibility issues. In addition, you can get 2160p high-resolution images that justify the cost of these security camera systems.
Can a Computer Monitor Be Used With a Security Camera?
Yes, you can use a computer monitor with a security camera. A wireless security camera system with a monitor provides real-time monitoring indoors or outdoors at night or in well-lit areas.
Is a TV or Monitor Better for Security Cameras?
A monitor is better for security cameras than a TV. The monitor displays higher-resolution images at better refresh rates with lesser pixels per inch (ppi).
Which Monitor is Best for CCTV Camera?
If it’s possible, choose an LED over an LCD monitor. An LED panel consumes less power and costs less to run over a similar-sized LCD panel. Overall, an LED monitor uses 46% less power over the unit’s life.