It is not a secret that in today's century, cloud-based computing technology is gaining worldwide recognition. It is developing fast and gradually; almost all companies are opting for it to increase the quality of the services delivered to their clients. IDC has published a report that states that the money spent on Cloud computing is going to reach almost $500 billion by 2023.
Besides the other big names, Microsoft Azure has captured a huge place in the Cloud-based computing market right now. Microsoft Azure was launched on February 1st, 2010. Microsoft has been taking care of all the needs of corporations starting from testing to managing applications. Building and deploying the applications can also be done with the help of Microsoft Azure.
Having said that, one can understand the high demand of an individual with a certification in Microsoft Azure. A certified Azure professional can apply for several jobs with an excellent salary. An individual with a Microsoft Azure certification has knowledge of various cloud-based computation programs, which helps him secure a great job in the technology industry. The Azure certification cost varies depending on the type of certification.
Now let us see the different levels of certification courses available.
Microsoft Azure Fundamental-Level Certification
The Microsoft Azure Fundamentals certificate is the initial level of certification that has been designed to test your know-how about Microsoft Azure Cloud Services. Candidates who are aiming to build their careers in cloud-based services have to get certified by Microsoft in Azure Fundamentals. This can act as a foundation for other role-based certifications.
Various concepts are covered in this Azure Certification. Such as:
- Cloud Concept
- The Core Fundamentals of Cloud Security
- The pricing and support of Azure
The best part about the certification is that there are no mandatory pre-requisites for this certification. However, some general IT knowledge would be helpful. It is a path that even non-technical professionals can choose.
Microsoft Azure Certification for Administrator Associate
The Microsoft Azure Certification for Administrator Associate offers detailed knowledge on the configuration of virtual networking, storage, computing, and monitoring in the Azure environment. It’s a next-level certification that aims to improve upon your technical skills surrounding the Azure world.
A few of the concepts involved in this certification are as follows:
- Implementation and management of storage
- Configure and manage virtual networking
- Management of Azure identities and governance
This course comes with a couple of prerequisites such as:
- Understanding of core services offered by Azure such as Azure workloads, governance, and security.
Microsoft Azure Certification for DevOps Engineer
This is an expert-level Microsoft certification and has been developed for professionals who work with processes, people, and technologies to provide the best services and products to their clients.
This course is for the DevOps professionals and helps them enhance their knowledge and skills to deliver better services.
Various topics are covered in this course, some of which are:
- Managing source control
- Facilitating communication and collaboration
- Developing an instrumentation strategy
- Defining and implementing continuous integration
- 2 years of working experience in database administration and management and one year of experience with Microsoft Azure.
This certification course is for Database Administrators or Data Management Specialists dealing with Cloud Relational Databases built with Microsoft SQL Server & Microsoft Azure Data Services.
One who wants to attain the certification needs proper Azure Certification training and study materials to pass the Microsoft Azure Certification exam for Database Administrator – Associate.
Microsoft Azure Certification for Data Analyst – Associate-level - Exam DA-100:
The DA-100 exam is designed for data analysts for Certification in Analysing Data with Microsoft Power BI, who works with Microsoft Power BI to design and build data models, clean and transform data, and enable data analytics capabilities. A candidate who wants to be a Microsoft certified Data Analyst Associates needs to clear the DA-100 Exam.
Concepts Covered in this Certification:
- Preparation of the data
- Modelling the data
- Visualization of the data
- Analyzing the data
- Deploy and maintain the deliverables
- Basic knowledge of Azure Cloud platform.
- The candidate should have IT industry work experience.
- The candidate must be pursuing a degree in the IT field.
Microsoft Azure Certification for Solutions Architect – Expert - Exam AZ-303 and AZ-304:
A candidate who wants to be a Microsoft Azure Solutions Architect needs to pass two certification exams: AZ-300 and AZ-301. These certifications fall under Microsoft’s expert-level certifications.
The AZ-300 exam, whose English version retired on September 30th, 2020, is replaced by the AZ-303 exam. This course is to train the Solutions Architects for translation of business requirements into secure, scalable, and reliable solutions.
Concepts Covered in this certification course are to implement and –
- monitor an Azure infrastructure.
- Management of Azure infrastructure.
- Solutions for apps.
- Management of data platforms.
- The candidate will have experience in operating systems, virtualization, cloud infrastructure, storage structures, and networking.
- The candidate will have experience and expertise as IT Professionals with expertise in designing and implementing solutions running on Microsoft Azure and in Azure administration and Azure development processes and DevOps processes.
Choosing the right Microsoft Azure Certification for yourself will provide your career with the much-needed boost. It will open up several opportunities and increase the chances of getting your dream job.