If you have been looking around the internet for that perfect proxy but can’t seem to find anything that fits your budget, this RSocks proxy service review could sway you to pick RSocks.
The company has been around since 2016. Aside from being one of the best proxy providers, RSocks also offers a no-logs secure XMPP messaging server and a VPN service as well. Check out how that stacks against top of the crop proxy servers out there.
Continue to read this exclusive review before you make a decision: we've put RSocks to the test and here are the things we think were GREAT about the service (and stuff that we think any customer could live without). In addition, you can take a look at some of their competitors such as Luminati Proxy here, or Storm Proxies in this post.
RSocks Proxy Features
A standout feature of RSocks proxy is access to unlimited bandwidth. Whatever plan you pick, you get access to unlimited traffic and speed. RSocks offer the usual bells and whistles one would expect from a proxy provider: residential proxies, shared proxy lists, private proxy, and the usual suspects.
RSocks support the protocols HTTP, HTTPS, SOCKS, SOCKS4, and SOCKS5, among other standard protocols.
RSocks lets you run a maximum of five hundred simultaneous threads on most of the plans offered. By default, some plans will have lower thread caps and would require you to purchase more if the need for more threads arises.
Do note that the max amount of threads is specified during the purchase of plans and cannot be changed in the middle of an active plan.
Types of Proxies
As the main service of this company, it is only fitting that they support all the best proxies, such as:
- Residential Proxies: The good thing about residential proxies from the company is that they're classified as residential proxies. This means users have control if they want to use their residential proxies (while sharing with others) or pick exclusive residential proxies (that dedicated proxy will only be dedicated to you while being used). This doesn't mean the ordinary residential proxies won't cut it. They're still very usable and dependable. It's just good business to offer one additional type (the exclusive one) for customers who might need higher-quality Rsocks residential proxies.
- Datacenter Proxies: Unlike residential and cheap shared proxies, the data center proxies are proxies that originate in the company's data center locations. We let you take a look at one of the top business proxies, Oxylabs, here.
- 4G/LTE Mobile Proxies: You can purchase mobile devices proxies in ten different countries and run them simultaneously. You can customize the provider and the city for some of the countries you used. And like threads, the parameters you’ve chosen cannot be changed mid-stream and you must wait until the duration of the plan has ended. Like most of RSocks proxy server plans, mobile IPs are available for daily rates.
Depending on the proxy plan you get, RSocks give its customers fresh IPs every five minutes, every hour, or every two hours.
Updates give customers fresh new proxies ranging from 10% to a 100%. However, manual proxy rotation is not possible from the dashboard.
Pausing The Service
Adding more bang to your buck, users are given the ability to pause proxies and resume at a later time. With this option, you can spread the duration of your subscription and get more value from your package before it ends.
The best thing about this is every second will be used up instead of expiring without being used. Although pauses are limited, this will enable other users to avoid wasting a day and maximize their plans to be as profitable as possible.
- Pauses are not available if you're using the daily package
- Pauses are available for any weekly and monthly package
- 1 pause is only offered if you buy the weekly package
- 5 pauses for monthly proxy packages
Whitelisted IP Address
RSocks only supports whitelisted IP authentication. All of RSocks proxy plans are designed to work with a single whitelisted IP address. Adding more whitelisted IP addresses is available for purchase for half of the cost of your chosen proxy package.
For security purposes, whitelisting an IP address is crucial when it comes to controlling and limiting access only to trusted users. RSocks ensures safety by letting its users use and pick only from exclusive, whitelisted, and secure IP addresses.
RSocks Proxy Dashboard
You can gain access to the dashboard right after you register. From there you can purchase proxy plans without ever talking to a sales representative. The dashboard could not be more simple. It has nothing to monitor your usage statistics as there is really no need when you have unlimited traffic.
After you are done choosing and purchasing a plan, you can download a list of proxies. IPs are again updated at predetermined rotations.
From the dashboard, you can:
- Receive the download list of proxies
- Purchase, pause, or suspend proxy plans
However, you can't manually rotate an IP address from the dashboard.
Cross-Platform Proxy Checker
The cross-platform proxy checker helps you sift through the list of available proxies (whether shared proxies or residential proxies). You can filter these out by specs such as locations, speed, and the number of spam database flags. You are then left with a trimmed-down version of the list based on your requirements, making it easier for you to choose which to export and use for your tools and data scrapers - see also tips to consider when scraping the SEO content.
Windows-Only IP Changer
Using this utility automates the detection and implementation of rotating proxies and newly available public IP addresses. This utility stays in your system tray and is very useful for users that have dynamic IPs.
Automatically checking for rotating proxies and updated public IPs every ten minutes and making sure it seamlessly continues to work is definitely a welcome and handy feature.
Price And Pricing
Instead of having limitations for cheaper plans and fewer restrictions for more expensive plans, their proxy rates are based on specific individual specs that you yourself can choose upon signing up. Residential proxy plans and datacenter proxies plans have more than a dozen options.
All plans are available on a free trial basis. To give you a better picture of how they price their plans, here are some of the types of plans that they offer:
Plans and Proxy Packages
- Residential Proxies. This has more than 3 million residential IP addresses that you can specifically choose the country IP or a worldwide IP mix of proxies. There are more than 24 variations to choose from for residential proxy package
- Datacenter Proxies. There's a chart on the websites, giving you the options for locations, a number of proxies, and time (how long) you want the proxies for.
- Mobile Proxy Packages.
- Shared Or Exclusive Proxies. The list of 20k+ locations is available on the website. You can use these proxies for one day, week, or one month - It's totally up to you.
- Rotating Pool Plans. Subscribing to a rotating pool of IPs will give you fresh new unique IPs every five minutes.
- Worldwide Mix Packages. These are grouped and priced based on the amount of IPs.
- Special Themed Plans. Specifically designed for use on social media platforms such as Youtube, Twitch, and many more.
Unique to RSocks is the increments of duration they allow users to purchase. Compared to other companies where rates are commonly divided by a minimum of monthly packages, RSocks proxy services can start at hourly rates.
These are just examples of how broad RSocks rates can be. All listed rates have three duration options that you can also choose from daily, weekly, or monthly.
- As an example, the daily rate for a United States residential proxy package will cost $30, $150 for a week, and $600 for an entire month.
- Some plans have even smaller increments for pricing, like hourly rates. The rotating United States plan has 50 proxies in the United States, it is available for $5 per one hour.
- Payments for plans can be done through numerous currencies, payment portals, and methods such as Bitcoins and Paypal.
The RSocks IP pool could fluctuate from a residential plan to a datacenter plan and if you want a more consistent IP pool, purchasing a worldwide mixed package can give you a consistent set of proxies, ranging from 9,000 to 18,000.
Rsocks Proxies Pros and Cons
RSocks is nowhere near perfect, although what it can do, it can do well. And for its price range, it has a little bit of everything you might expect from most residential proxy providers. Check out what we think are the strengths and weaknesses of RSocks:
Review Wrap-up: Why RSocks Rocks
Having access to unli-traffic, whatever package you use negates the need for extensive monitoring and hence the simple interface.
What sets RSocks services apart from its competitors is the way they price their services. RSocks offers the widest range of proxy package types and small increments of durations. A free trial for each plan is available but trial durations differ from plan to plan.
It is always good to see a company that has heart and cares about what the customer might like or find useful. Using Rsocks for personal proxy or business use is possible. RSocks is up for the task no matter how big or small your proxies requirement may be.
The reliable customer support, ability to pause your proxies, fast proxy speed, and customer-friendly, highly-customizable pricing should be enough to make RSocks a contender in your hunt for the best proxy services.
1. What is RSocks?
RSocks is a cross-platform proxy checker that allows you to filter the list of proxies by useful specs such as their location, speed, and inclusion in popular spam databases.
2. Is SOCKS5 proxy secure?
Yes. A SOCKs5 proxy is more secure than an HTTP proxy because it establishes a full TCP connection with authentication and relays traffic using the Secure Shell (SSH) encrypted tunneling method.
3. Can SOCKS5 be traced?
No. Because SOCKS proxies mask your real IP address and location, they enable you to browse the internet more anonymously. SOCKS proxies, on the other hand, establish connections via a process called tunneling, which is one of the most secure methods of connecting to the internet.
4. Is a proxy enough?
A proxy is not always enough. It depends on what you are trying to achieve. If you are looking to unblock content or anonymize your traffic, a proxy will work. However, if you are looking to hide your IP address from websites or online services, a proxy will not be enough and you will need a VPN.
5. Is SOCKS5 better than VPN?
SOCKS5 is insecure and slow in comparison to a VPN. While it's easy to confuse a SOCKS5 proxy with a VPN, there are some key distinctions. As is the case with the majority of proxies, SOCKS5 does not encrypt your data and thus degrades internet speed and stability.
3 thoughts on “RSocks Proxy Service Review | Residential, Datacenter and 4g/Lte Mobile Proxies”
Dont buy proxies from this site, its a SCAM. I bought subscription for 7 days on mobile proxies, they didn’t work (to slow to load any page), when i contacted with support they changed my isp to another, then to another and another one.. it didn’t help, proxies still didn’t work. I asked for refund but support told me that i can’t get a refund because i was using proxies for 4 Hours, when they worked only 30 minutes maybe 1 hours, last 3 hours i was trying to fix my problem with support. so i lost my money with no chance to refund.
That’s unfortunate and frustrating. We had multiple team members try the service out and none of them had nay issues like that.
Proxies don’t work. Support returns that they will fix the problem, but they never do.
They didn’t refund the money and I never used this crap service.
SCAM SCAM SCAM