Do you want to have a world-class and unhindered gaming experience free from a loose internet connection? How about getting rid of all connection lag and getting your way around IP bans?
Well, all this and more is possible while using a PS4 proxy. The proxy server instructions acts as an intermediary between your devices and the website you wish to visit. It sends the request to the website on your behalf and relays back the information. To get the hang of it, check out our best proxy server review.
You can access restricted game sites or restricted content and doesn't know who it is relaying the information to.
But why would you need a web proxy for your ps4? Does using a ps4 proxy have any impact on your online gaming experience?
Why Do You Need a Proxy Server for PS4?
You can use a proxy server with your ps4 as it comes with a lot of benefits to you as a gamer. Some of the benefits include:
Offers a Great Uptime for an Enhanced Gaming Experience
Do you need to setup a proxy server to enjoy an enhanced game experience?
Uptime refers to the number of hours the proxy was working from the source center without any malfunctioning. Reliable proxy servers offer a 99.9% uptime.
Why is uptime important for gamers?
With a 99.9% uptime, it means you don't have to pause your game for any reason, including gaming updates. Using a proxy ensures you will have the best game experience.
Proxy Servers Offer a Fast Internet Connection
Speed is of the essence for every gaming enthusiast. With the right speed, you can expect smooth gaming zone free from any interruptions. Therefore, you can enjoy your fast action online games without fear of any network interruptions.
Without using a proxy server, you have no guarantee of a fast web connection.
On the other hand, choosing the best proxy servers have an incredible speed, enabling you to enjoy your gameplay. You can get some gaming servers offering fast speed of 1GBps, which will make playing games more exciting.
Unblocking the Blocked Websites for Gaming
Some gaming sites may be blocked for some gamers depending on your location or for other reasons.
However, if you make sure you use a proxy server, you can access blocked gaming sites. The proxy server prevents the game server from identifying whoever is visiting their site, which enables blocked users to access the site.
Various games hold competitions globally in different countries.
However, some gamers cannot participate in some competitions or matches due to geo-restrictions.
In that case, proxy servers come in handy in helping to get around the restrictions of your ISP Using the proxy service, you can set the settings to appear like you are playing the game from a location with no restrictions.
Some gaming servers also divide gaming zones. However, with a proxy server, gamers can play games globally and game with anyone, including gaming friends, without being noticed.
Hidden IP Address Using a Proxy Server
Having your Sony PlayStation 4 IP addresses exposed as you surf the web is risky. Hackers and other cybercriminals can track your location and use your Internet address to steal your data, identity, and personal information, such as your bank account details.
The stolen information and identity can then be used in committing other cybercrimes such as cyberbullying and selling illicit content.
Using a proxy server ensures high anonymity as you can choose a type of proxy that doesn't make your Internet address available on the HTTP headers.
Thus, you can enjoy your gaming without the fear of online threats or anybody tracking your online activities.
Proxy servers also offer peer to peer facility, which is helpful for faster torrent downloads. Peer to peer enables you to use two computers to download content such as games faster.
Proxy Servers Help With Slow Lagging Internet Speeds
PS4 is designed to offer you the best game experience. As such, you need to ensure you have a fast and reliable web connection to enhance the experience.
With a proxy server, you don't have to worry about connection lags or losses in connection.
The proxy server is the same as a VPN that acts as an intermediary between your gaming console and the gaming server and ensures a non-stop web connection.
How Do You Add Proxy Servers to PS4?
Although using a proxy server with a PlayStation comes with many benefits, it's not easy trying to follow and setup your PS4 with a proxy server.
It will be of great help if you can learn how to configure the gaming console with proxy servers.
You can use the following steps to configure a proxy server with your PS4.
Steps of Setting Up a Proxy Server for PS4
Find IP Address
If you want to set up a proxy server, first, you need to get the Internet address of your PC, Mac devices, or mobile device.
How do you go about looking for the IP address?
Finding the IP address for a PC:
- First, open the PC, go to the Run tab, type "cmd," and press enter
- A "command prompt screen" will open
- On the command prompt screen, type "ipconfig/all" and then press enter
- The Internet protocol address of the computer will show automatically. Note it down as you'll use it later
Finding the IP address on a mobile device:
- Open the settings and go to "About phone menu"
- Click on the "Status" option
- You'll get a list of data, including the IP address. Note it down to use it later
Find the IP address on Mac device:
- On the Apple menu, open "System preferences"
- Go to the "Network preference" menu
- You'll get the IP address on the right side of the pane
Assigning Proxy Server for Your PS4 Console
After finding your IP address, you can now proceed to set up proxy servers for PS4 console. Assigning the server is a seamless process that involves the following steps:
- First, turn on the PS4
- Next, proceed to the "Settings" menu and then select "Network section"
- The next step will depend on your choice of internet connection. You can use a LAN cable option or Wi-Fi. Select the Wi-Fi or Lan cable option depending on your choice to connect to the web. If you go for the Wi-Fi option or wireless connection method, you have to enter the WIFI password before you can proceed
- Next, go to the custom option
- When the custom option is open, leave DHCP host name as "do not specify." The Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol is a protocol associated with the network management system. When you connect your device to the network, the DHCP hostname will dynamically assign the IP address and other network parameters
- Next, configure the DNS settings and set the domain name system (DNS) as automatic
- Also, leave Mtu settings as automatic
- When you are done setting the domain name and Mtu settings, a screen will appear for you to select the proxy server option. Proceed to select the proxy server option as the "Use" option
- Inside the proxy server page, write the IP address of the PC that you noted down earlier. Enter the port number of the proxy that you wish to use. For windows system, the port number is usually 6588, while for Mac, it is 8080.
- When you are done entering the IP address and port number, click "Next"
- Finally, check your web connection and see if it has any loose or interrupted connections.
Do you need a proxy server for your PS4? You don't need to use a proxy server with a PS4 console. However, using one comes with a lot of benefits. For instance, you can access even the blocked gaming site as the gaming server doesn't know who is visiting them. You also enjoy incredible internet speeds and anonymity as the working proxy server address keeps your IP address hidden.
Although using a proxy server with your PS4 console comes with a ton of benefits, it's not easy configuring the console with a proxy server. You can use our comprehensive process above to make it seamless and effortless for you to configure your PS4 console with a proxy server address.
1. Why does my PS4 keep asking for a proxy server?
If it requests a proxy, it is not properly detecting your web connection. You're almost certainly going to need to reset your modem or router.
2. What's the proxy server for PS4?
The proxy server acts as a conduit between the user's PlayStation console and the game server, ensuring that an uninterrupted internet connection is maintained. This results in an uninterrupted gaming experience.
3. How do I setup a proxy server on PS4?
Configuring a DNS Proxy on a PlayStation 4
1. Select 'Settings' from the menu bar.
2. Click on 'Network'.
3. Click 'Configure Internet Connection'.
4. Click on 'Custom'.
5. Depending on how you connect to the web, select 'Use Wi-Fi' or 'Use a LAN cable'.
6. For IP Address Settings, select 'Automatic'.
7. For DHCP Host Name, select 'Do Not Specify'.
8. For DNS Settings, select 'Manual'.
4. Can you use a hotspot for PS4?
This is, in fact, possible. You simply need to create a Wi-Fi hotspot or wifi network on your phone and connect the PS4 to it. If you intend to do a lot of downloading on your PS4, keep an eye on your data plan.
5. What is the best IP address for PS4?
Google DNS 8.8 and 8.8. 4.4 respectively. This gaming DNS is simple to use and a viable alternative to the default that you have been using. Google DNS for PS4 enables the optimal IP address for gaming, ensuring a stable connection that also operates smoothly.